Awards and Professional Affiliations
- Robitron Software Research, inc., Rockmart, Georgia, 1987-1999.
Developed and maintained municipal accounting software for utilities billing, probate and magistrate courts.
- Pascal Programmer / Analyst
- Visual DataFlex Developer, DataFlex Legacy Analyst/Programmer
- FringeWare, Inc., Internet Book Store, Publisher, Austin, Texas, 1985-1999.
Wrote interactive Chatterbot Software for online book ordering. Contributed to FRINGEWARE REVIEW magazine.
- Java/C++ Programmer
- Star Technologies, Stockbridge, Georgia, 1998.
Visual Dataflex programmer/developer. Wrote software for transportation industry.
- Flux Oersted, industrial synthpop band from Cedartown, Georgia, 1989-present.
Synthetic music from the heart, a strange brand of synthpop with rock and industrial overtones.
- Interview: Gary Numan
- HuMimics, Inc., Duluth, Georgia, 1999-2003.
- Chief Science Officer
- Project Manager:Web One, database driven AI application with NLP interface.
- WEB One
- Flux Oersted Studios, Cedartown, Georgia, 2000-present.
- Chat Bot Developer
- Institute of Mimetic Sciences, Inc., Cedartown, Georgia 2000-present.
Located beneath Flux Oersted Studios, IMS is dedicated to the imitation of human behavior in machines. Our members are multidisciplinary artists, scientists, engineers, and theorists. We believe that machine intelligence can be built one aspect at a time, rather than wait for some general theory to occur.
Human Cyborg Relations
Robby has pursued an independent course of study in classes that provided him with a liberal arts agenda and a computer science background of programming languages and related studies. Courses completed in The University System of Georgia.
Papers and Conferences
- Radio Shack Dealer's meeting, New Orleans, 1977, TRS-80 Model I introduction.
- Data Access Corporation, annual developer's conference, Miami, DocuFlex automated documentation system, 1988.
- Gary Numan Interview, FringeWare Review, Issue #13, 1997.
- International Symposium on Intelligent Systems, Reggio Calabria, Italy, Paper: FRED, Milton, and Barry: Evolution of Intelligent Agents on the Web, ACM Portal, 1997.
SPE\COM'98, St. Petersburg, Russia, paper: The Tight Sponge Method, 1998.
- Member of Advisory Board for Workshop on Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems, 2000,
- Measuring the performance and intelligence of systems, proceedings of the 2000 PerMIS Workshop, August 14-16, 2000.
- The Intelligence of an Entity, R. Garner, S. Henderson, 2000.
- NIST, NASA, IEEE, DARPA, Washington D.C., USA.
- PerMIS 2004
- 2002 Loebner Prize Contest, Technical Director, Institute of Mimetic Sciences.
- 2003 Loebner Prize Contest, Steering Committee, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies.
- Colloquium on Conversational Systems, University of Surrey, Guildford, England, Multifaceted Conversational Systems, 2005.
- The Turing Hub as a Standard for Turing Test Interfaces, in Epstein, Robert and Peters, Grace, Eds. Parsing the Turing Test: Philosophical and Methodological Issues in the Quest for the Thinking Computer, Springer, 2008.
- Film Theory and Chatbots, Institute of Mimetic Sciences, inc., Robby Garner, 2013.