Awards and Professional Affiliations
- FringeWare, Inc., Internet Book Store, Publisher, Austin, Texas, 1985-1999.
Wrote interactive Chatterbot Software for online book ordering. Contributed to FRINGEWARE REVIEW magazine.
- Java/C++ Programmer
- Flux Oersted, industrial synthpop band from Cedartown, Georgia, 1989-present.
Synthetic music from the heart, a strange brand of synthpop with rock and industrial overtones.
- Interview: Gary Numan
- Robitron, Cedartown, Georgia, 1977-present.
- Web Developer
- Chat Bot Developer
Courses completed in the University System of Georgia.
Papers and Conferences
- Radio Shack Dealer's meeting, New Orleans, 1977, TRS-80 Model I introduction.
- Data Access Corporation, annual developer's conference, Miami, DocuFlex automated documentation system, 1988.
- Gary Numan Interview, FringeWare Review, Issue #13, 1997.
- International Symposium on Intelligent Systems, Reggio Calabria, Italy, Paper: FRED, Milton, and Barry: Evolution of Intelligent Agents on the Web, ACM Portal, 1997.
SPE\COM'98, St. Petersburg, Russia, paper: The Tight Sponge Method, 1998.
- Member of Advisory Board for Workshop on Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems, 2000,
- Measuring the performance and intelligence of systems, proceedings of the 2000 PerMIS Workshop, August 14-16, 2000.
- The Intelligence of an Entity, R. Garner, S. Henderson, 2000.
- NIST, NASA, IEEE, DARPA, Washington D.C., USA.
- PerMIS 2004
- 2002 Loebner Prize Contest, Technical Director, Institute of Mimetic Sciences.
- 2003 Loebner Prize Contest, Steering Committee, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies.
- Colloquium on Conversational Systems, University of Surrey, Guildford, England, Multifaceted Conversational Systems, 2005.
- The Turing Hub as a Standard for Turing Test Interfaces, in Epstein, Robert and Peters, Grace, Eds. Parsing the Turing Test: Philosophical and Methodological Issues in the Quest for the Thinking Computer, Springer, 2008.
- Film Theory and Chatbots, Institute of Mimetic Sciences, inc., Robby Garner, 2013.